Improve your sex life and your time at the gym with labiaplasty. Enlarged labia can make many everyday activities uncomfortable. When the labia minora extend out of the labia majora, rubbing, chaffing, and irritation are common. Wearing tight clothing, physical activity, and even sexual intercourse can become very uncomfortable.
Labiaplasty can relieve this discomfort while improving the appearance of the labia. Labiaplasty is a surgical procedure that trims and reshapes the labia. Labiaplasty helps many women to feel more confident and comfortable in the bedroom, in the boardroom, and at the gym.
Can Labiaplasty Improve Your Ability to Exercise?
Labiaplasty offers many benefits—physical, emotional, and sexual. Ask Dr. Stanton which benefits you’re likely to experience after surgery.
Some of the most enjoyed benefits include:
- More Clothing Choices – By resizing the labia, many women find they can wear more clothing options. Tight, fitted clothing is often more comfortable after surgery. Patients also find they feel more confident in form-fitting like bathing suits as the visible bulge of an enlarged labia is removed.
- Improved Ability to Exercise – Labiaplasty reduces rubbing, pulling, and twisting of the labia that can occur with some physical activities.
- More Comfortable Sex – Enlarged labia can be uncomfortable during sexual intercourse or foreplay. After labiaplasty, sex may be more comfortable and enjoyable than it was pre-surgery.
- Enhanced Aesthetics – While labia come in many shapes and sizes (and all are beautiful), some women prefer the appearance of a smaller labia minora. Labiaplasty can also address asymmetry of the labia.
- Rejuvenation – Labiaplasty can rejuvenate the appearance of the genitals, especially after pregnancy or childbirth. Many women include labiaplasty in their mommy makeover.
- Improved Hygiene – Enlarged labia can be more difficult to keep clean, especially if the area is sensitive or irritated. Labiaplasty may address frequent infections in the sensitive feminine tissues.
When Can I Return to Exercise After Labiaplasty?
Most patients recover quickly after labiaplasty. You will need to limit activity and exercise for a time:
- Immediately After Surgery – Gentle walking is safe after labiaplasty as soon as you’re comfortable. Most patients rest the first day and then begin gentle walking the next day. Walking can help with healing by boosting blood flow, keeping the digestive system moving, reducing the risk of blood clots, and boosting mental health.
- Within a Few Weeks – Mild cardio and upper body exercise can be resumed 2-3 weeks after surgery. Start slowly and build to your pre-surgery exercise regimen over time.
- Wait Until You’re Healed – Activities involving water like swimming or that put pressure on the labia like horseback riding or cycling should be avoided until you’re completely healed.
And what about exercise between the sheets? If you’re wondering when you can return to sexual activity after labiaplasty, the answer is about six weeks. Dr. Stanton asks patients to avoid sexual activity, stimulation, and masturbation until they are fully healed.
Labiaplasty with Dr. Stanton
Feel better in and out of the bedroom with labiaplasty. This procedure can help you feel more confident in the appearance of your genitalia, boost comfort during exercise and sex, and restore the body’s appearance after pregnancy and childbirth. Learn more about labiaplasty at a consultation with Dr. Stanton. To schedule your consultation, call (310) 278-0077.