Breast augmentation is one of our most popular procedures. With a quick recovery and beautiful results, breast implants can help you create your dream breasts.
If you’re considering breast surgery with Dr. Stanton, these tips can streamline and enhance your recovery experience.
Prep Before and Relax After
Preparation is the key to success in life and in plastic surgery.
When you come out of surgery, you’ll want to rest. With a bit of preparation before your procedure, you’ll be ready to climb into bed for a nap or binge your favorite series on Netflix. Who said plastic surgery recovery couldn’t be a delight?
Some easy ways to prepare for breast augmentation recovery include:
- Stock the Fridge – Fill your refrigerator with easy-to-eat foods and your favorite non-alcoholic beverages. Some patients experience nausea after surgery and enjoy having mild-flavored foods and drinks on hand like bananas, crackers, or ginger ale.
- Change Your Sheets – Relaxing for a few days in a clean, comfortable bed is one of the best parts of plastic surgery. Change your sheets before your procedure so that you’re ready to climb into bed and rest when you get home. Having extra pillows available can help you get into a comfortable position.
- Fill Your Prescriptions – No one wants at the pharmacy waiting for a prescription after plastic surgery. Fill any prescriptions you’ll need before your breast augmentation surgery and have them on hand and waiting for you when you get home.
- Arrange for Help – You will need some help after your breast augmentation, especially during the first few days. You will need a ride home after surgery because anesthesia will leave you unable to drive. You’ll also need an adult to stay with you for the first couple of days, just in case you need a little help. Most patients have a friend or family member assist them after surgery, but Dr. Stanton can recommend at-home nurses and other caretakers if you need outside assistance.
- Take Time Off Work – Most patients heal quickly after breast augmentation, returning to work after only a week or two of recovery, but it is essential to take a few days off. Some patients who can work from home are ready to work for a few hours within days of their surgery. Take more time off than you think you’ll need; you can always return to work early if you’re feeling up to it.
Prep now so you can rest after getting breast implants.
Know What to Expect After Breast Augmentation Recovery
When you know what to expect, it’s easier to plan. Here’s what to expect after breast augmentation with Dr. Stanton:
- You may have difficulty lifting your arms initially, especially if your breast implants are placed under the pectoral muscle.
- You may feel slightly nauseous after surgery from the anesthesia. This post-surgery side effect usually fades quickly.
- You may be tired and will probably need more sleep than usual for the first few days after breast augmentation.
As you return to your regular daily activities, work, and exercise, take things slowly. It is important to build back up to your pre-surgery activity levels.
Learn More at a Breast Augmentation Consultation
In sunny Los Angeles, it’s bikini season most of the year. With breast augmentation, you’ll enjoy sexy curves whether you’re lounging on the beach or cuddling up in sweater weather. Schedule your consultation with one of the top breast augmentation specialists in Los Angeles, Dr. Ryan Stanton. Schedule your consultation today by calling (310) 278-0077 or completing our online contact form.